Mallard Duck Research

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Collecting Data



When we go out and record the characteristics of drains, I need to know all the different types of vegetation both submerged under water as well as the plants along the sides of the drains.

Likewise, when I need to record the development/ages of the broods of ducklings, I need to know what they look like at each stage. That is why I have been researching the different types of vegetation found around drains, and also the developmental stages of ducklings, and making a record for myself. Researching the vegetation types was easy and I was able to create an identification sheet quite easily. However, the duckling classification was much harder because there was no actual classification using images available, so I had to make my own. It took me a long time to find each image of a duckling and match it to the written description. I will be using these sheets when I go out to do field work.

No comments:

Post a Comment